Friday, May 13, 2011

End of School Year

Well it has been crazy with Spring activities and too bad we are having July weather! Whew, the house was 84 when I came home yesterday.

Well Jackson has had his 10th perfect spelling test and his last day of school is May 27th. They had their field day which included lots of water games, today. The kids had a great time and came home with a little tan. J's field trip to Lieber State Park was cancelled due to the thunderstorm last week, but Mrs. B was able to reschedule a field trip to the Indiana State Museum for next Wednesday. He is really looking forward to it. His best bud Brecken turned 6 last weekend and J got to go to his Lego party. They had a fabulous time. He has one week of soccer left, and I'm a little relieved. Running around to get to practice and games are is wearing me out. He is an amazing little athlete. He scored 4 out of the 6 goals at the last game, the coach asked him to sit out for a while so some of the others could get a chance to kick the goals ;) He is super speedy. If you can believe, he has hit a growth spurt and is now in a size 8!

Tootie is still her very independent self! However, she adores Mrs. Brown, who will be her babysitter this summer, also. So when I want her hair done really cute or socks on her feet, I have to take it to Nikki so she can accomplish these things in the morning. She can identify all of her colors and shapes and is doing very well starting to write her name "Caroline" She loves her artwork right now. She could color all day!

Soph Bug still loves her Vicki, who she calls "May Ma". Vicki has been doing art projects with Soph and the other girls outside during the day and Soph can't wait to run up to me when I get there to show me her artwork. She has soooo many words now that it is so cute to hear her little sentences. For instance tonight, she said "Mommy, no, me get that". I think she has been hanging around Tootie too long! LOL! She is very attached to her Elmo and Abby right now. She climbs up into her car seat all by herself and she loves to ride Jackson's Big Wheels.

Work is great. I still love it and have lots of projects right now so it is very busy. I bought a different vehicle. A 2008 charcoal gray Honda Pilot with the 3rd row seat. I'm adjusting to the lack of trunk space, but love that the kids can all have their own space and I get MUCH better gas mileage

No comments: