Sunday, September 7, 2008

Funny Words from the mouth of a 3 year old


So I was baking bread, tonight and realized I was out of flour, so I packed up the kids and ran to the gas station. On the way home, we saw a man on a bike riding up the hill. Jackson asked me his name, and I responded, he is a stranger. "No, Mom, he's not". "What's his name, I asked?" Jackson, frankly, told me "Roger, or maybe Mark, No, I'm sure it's Will" I laughed hysterically. "Mom, people's names are NOT funny". It was soooo funny.

Eric worked on the electrical to the new master suite, today. He finished most of the recessed lighting and got some of the outlets put in. I think we are getting close to having the dry wall guys come. Yeah!!!!! Today, was a dirty job, though, and I have Eric's picture to prove it.

My revelation for the day: You know I was just thinking about how difficult it is to be a patient mother all the time. I become frustrated, not with my children, but with myself at how I respond to them. I happened to log on to a blog where a mom had been feeling the same way, and I realized what a challenge it is to have little ones and try to focus on your tasks and both of their attention. She mentioned that we have to practice patience to learn it ourselves. This was such a good message for me. God is teaching US lessons through our small children. I don't want to be a pushover to my kids, but I want to be a kind, gentle mother to my children. I, also, want the "men" closest to me to be reminded of gentle and kindness, and I hope to be a better example. Even, when I'm tired, pregnant, and stressed out. I want my children to see my joyfulness around them. They are growing so fast, and when they look at my face I want them to know that they bring the ultimate joy to life and that it my most important job and biggest privelege to be with them.

No comments: