Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Tribute to My Husband




I was thinking, today that I dote on my children alot, and I felt like my husband deserved some bragging. In the beginning, as a young married couple, it is much easier to be selfish and self-serving, now that we have matured some in our marriage, I see things differently. My husband has given up a lot for our family. He gave up a career he loved in law enforcement to provide better for his family financially and to eliminate any risk of him being taken from his wife and kids. He also moved away from the south, which he considers his home, to move to nowhere Indiana so we could be closer to my family because he knew it would make me happy.

I have to laugh because after we were first married he would work on something or tell me something and I would have to call my dad and confirm it, since dads know everything. My husband has definately proven himself (he may have even known a few things my dad didn't from time to time). I have found that at the end of the day, I married my best friend, my biggest supporter, the man who lives everyday to make me happy, and the best dad anyone can ask for. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband.

Here are a few pics that show my husband can do anything. He has redone our whole house from electrical, to plumbing, to drywalling, to carpentry, to ceramic tiling, to laying and refinishing hardwood floors. There is nothing he can't do.

At the end of the day, it doesn't matter if we live in South Carolina, Indiana, New York, or South Dakota, wherever the five of us are...that is where my home and my heart is.

No comments: