Thursday, March 19, 2009

Getting Behind






I know I haven't posted for a couple of days; I've kinda been in a fog. Miss Sophi has been exercising her independence by not wanting to sleep during the day. As a matter of fact, the day before yesterday, she didn't sleep at all for the 12 hour day and ate every hour, and yes I was totally worn out. But God always knows when I have had all I can handle, and she slept straight from 12am-6am. Yesterday, was better but she cried for an hour at noon in her bassinet. I am getting her on her strict nap and feeding schedule since she is 2 months, now. She did go to bed at 9pm very easily last night so hopefully today will be better.

Poor J. On St. Patrick's Day, I forgot what day it was and he didn't wear green. Luckily, Mrs. Weber had a green sticker so he didn't get pinched too much.

Caroline found my old "Bun" from when I was a little girl. It was my favorite toy; she renamed him "Bippy" but I'm sure he won't care considering he was allowed out of retirement.

I read this and LOVED it:
Tying Strings:
~First and foremost, look at your children with pleasure, and smile at them. Bathe them in facial expressions of pleasure and satisfaction.

~Enjoy their company, and demonstrate it by inviting them to go w/ you when the only reason is a desire to have them with you. For the very young, look at pictures or read a book together.

~Sit on the floor and play. Tumble and roll, laugh and tickle, and wrastle.

~Take them on outings of adventure, excitement, and "danger"

~If they can walk, they can carry in groceries. Brag on their achievements.

The idea is for them to feel that they are very special to you, and for them to know that you find great satisfaction and delight in sharing with them. If you order your life so your children feel needed, they will desire to walk in harmony with you."

1 comment:

The Hendrys said...

I love the part about kids carying in groceries. You are a great mom Christi and your children will always be happy to walk along with you, even if they have to bring in the groceries or take out the trash. Can't wait to see you on Tuesday... Cole