Sunday, February 20, 2011

Enjoying the Spring






We spent alot of time at the park this past week. The girls and I would walk/run when they weren't at school and then we would play on the playground when we were done. After that, we would pick J up and Tootie would tell him that we were at the park for the day. Low and behold, we would have to go back again after J changed his clothes. It's a good thing we are alot closer to the park :)
J got another 100% on his spelling test on Friday. That's the 5th one in a row. He did great on his Math test also. Tootie and I went to the staff vs. students volleyball game at St. Su's it was fun. However, since the Kindergarten teachers had to step away, my friend, Patty and I had to supervise 32 Kindergarteners for 30 minutes. Whew! I don't know how they do it (Aunt Cin ;) ). I had to put two kids on yellow for not listening and Tootie and Margaret (Patty's little 2 yr old) had to go potty. Imagine that! Well about 10 other kids had to go potty, too. So she took a group and when she came back, Another 16 had to go, so I had to take them to the bathroom. It was like herding cattle thru Disney World. We were glad when Mrs. B and Miss Bishop got back.
Sophi has a new love for drawing and coloring.
J is working on level 2 readers, which is hard, I think, for Kindergarten (tonight he sounded out and read the words disguise, invented, professor, defeated, and genious. Tricky! He is a great reader and LOVES a challenge!
Tootie up and decided she was going to wear "wonderwear" again. She said "It's now time for me to wear wonderwear since I'm all grown up now". Yippeee. I praised her up and down so maybe she will continue. So now she will let me do her hair, wear her coat again, AND wear underwear. My only battle left is getting her to wear her socks :) I can deal with that.
Other than that, not much else going on with the kiddos.

No comments: