Thursday, January 22, 2009

Baby Sophi Arrives!!!






New Baby Sophi Grace arrived 1/21 at 4:17 pm. Okay so here is her story. On Tuesday night at 4pm I started feeling really crappy...ie headache and backache. I started having little minor contractions and put everyone to bed at 10pm. At 11pm I was awoke by very strong contractions and then I woke Eric up at midnight. I called Mark and Stac and asked to drop off the kids. Then, called Mom and Dad and put them on notice to pick up the kids in the am. So off we went and we got to the hospital about 1:30am. But of course I was only 3cm STILL!!!!!! The resident had me walk for a couple of hours and at 3:30 I was still at 3cm and about died. So I walked again and the resident said she would check me at 6am and if I hadn't changed send me home because there was an OB conference in Indy and they were very short staffed and couldn't do an induction. My OB was at a Yoga Conference on vacation...just my luck!!! While Eric was sleeping at 5am the contractions became SUPER strong and were every 2min. I didn't want to ask for pain meds so I walked myself came back and held on tightly to the rails of my bed. At 6:30am I was 5cm and in active labor...Yeah!!!! So they started Pitocin to help my labor become even stronger and faster...however it wasn't until 3pm until I was 6cm but after that at 4pm I was complete and pushed 4 times for 16 minutes and she was out. She came out so fast her face and legs were really bruised. We couldn't believe she was only 7lb 12oz. but 22 inches long. The 3 doctors all had a bid and the least amount was 8lb12oz the most being 9lb 6oz. They still think the scale was wrong but she gets reweighed again tonight. So we will see.

She slept thru her 2:30am feed which was fine with me. Her head hurt last night so today she is making up for it. She nursed for a whole hour with no break at 4pm and liked to have killed me.

She is so beautiful...Dark hair and eyes like me unlike J and Caroline's blonde hair. She is going to be our little Sassy girl. So drumroll please here are her pics so far.....

No comments: