Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Rainy Days





Well, it rained again this morning so the kids and Grandma got the Lincoln logs out and built a few roads and were racing matchbox cars. They loved it. The children's museum is closed on Wed., of course!! Tomorrow the girls are going to go to Fort Rickey to a huge petting zoo and the boys are going golfing and then on Friday we are going to go to Lake George to the Great Escape (Six Flags for little ones). They have a Storytale island, Looney Toon Village, Splash Island, etc. The kids are soooo excited and Tootie is tall enough to ride the rides in Storytale and Looney Toon Village so she will get to enjoy it too.

I decided to climb "Mt." Chapman There is this hill that is about 2 miles long and it is almost a complete incline. I was determined to run this thing. I walked down it and ran up it. Here I thought I was in shape and then I came to NY with all these hills and realized I had much more room to improve.

The weather cleared up this afternoon and we have been out by the pool. Eric and I are going to a romantic Italian restaurant for supper "Chesterfields", which has authentic Italian and a chef there nightly. I'm so excited. My mouth is watering for veal marsala in a white wine sauce with carmelized onions and mushrooms. Yum! We are going to eat at Danele's Italian for lunch tomorrow and Giorgio's for supper. This is the kind of food you just can't get at home!!!

No comments: