Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My little Plumbers


Well, our drains have been making this gurgling sounds for weeks. Eric informed me that it was because I have Tootie in the tub, J in the shower, the washing machine, and the dishwasher going all at one time. Well on Monday night, as I took Toots in for her bath, I found sewage in our bathtub and both showers. Nothing would drain down and the toilets were backed up. We called Roto Rooter and they were going to send someone out at 11pm but he couldn't make it so we waited until Monday morning. A plumber from there came and since we don't have a clean out, he had to take both toilets off and run the roto rooter thru them and couldn't make any progress. He told me we needed a clean out which would cost $1800-2000. I called Eric and he said he was on his way. He had it done in 3 hours. Woooohooo! This is when it pays to have a husband who can fix ANYTHING. We called, Nick, our plumber back and he came out at 7:30pm, used the clean out and got it roto rooted. Looked like a tree root or something to that effect about 25 ft outside the house, right where our Oak tree used to be.

Today, I was cleaning and Sophi reached a box of Trix and spilled them all over the floor. So Toots thought it would be fun to walk all over them and crunch them. I told her she had to clean up her mess and so she got the broom and called Buddy and swept them out the door and convinced the dog to eat them. She did do a good clean up job, though. And believe it or not Buddy ate all the Trix. LOL!

Cleaning done, Car clean, tomorrow is yard mowing and grocery shopping. I wrote out about 6 pages of notes for Mom and Gig who are watching the kids for 4 days while Eric and I head to NY. Mom is being super grandma and taking J to a birthday party in Plainfield so I needed to write out alternate directions since stupid St Rd 39 is still closed and you can't access 70. But everything is done and we are READY to go!

No comments: