Monday, July 19, 2010

Back to the Grind





Well, we got back into the routine today. We stayed in Columbus, OH Saturday night and finished up the last 3 1/2 hours on Sunday morning. I finished all the laundry and putting things back together, yesterday. Then, I took the kids grocery shopping, Yuck! this morning, which is a 2 hour project. I finished up Nichole's diaper cake today and will post pics after the shower. Other than that, it was a pretty boring day.

I had ordered new costumes off of ebay for the kids. Tootie wanted a new fairy costume and J a Hulk costume. They were so excited to have them here when we got home yesterday they pretty much won't take them off for anything.

Sophi learned to say "No No No" to J, today. It was pretty funny. She is also saying "Ought Oh" whenever the kids get into trouble.

Before I forget, not to ruin the surprise for Nichole but I'm hoping she is too busy this week to read the blog. Everyone is bringing a children's book that has meaning to her shower and we will explain what it means to us. Well, my dad's favorite book growing up was "Lucinda the The Little Donkey". It is out of print but Mama and Mom are searching for it. I think Mom located it on ebay books. Anyway, the little donkey does not obey her master and there is a part with crossing the train tracks. When my dad was little he used to tell Mama "Skip that part, skip that part" because he was afraid the donkey was going to get hurt. My mom's favorite book was "The Little Red Hen" which was one of my favs and I have it for my kids. It is soooo funny how we all remember our favorite books from when we were little. I love this!

This picture of Sophi is so funny. She was in the sun almost the whole way on Saturday. I gave her some of Tootie's glasses and she felt weird in them. So she just took out one of the lenses and was fine. Hilarious.

One word that would describe each of my kids right now. Jackson is "Determined" Tootie is "Independent" and Sophi is very "Serious"

1 comment:

The Hendrys said...

I'm never to busy to read your blog!! Man, did Tootie grow up a lot over the last couple of weeks or what? She looks so tall and is losing her little baby face.