Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Mary Kay Party

So the kids and I drove to Mom and Dad's on Friday morning after the 7 loads of laundry I had to catch up on. Can I just say thank you God for the invention of portable DVD players because my kids couldn't make it 2 hours without a movie in the car. I still had to stop to get the pacifier, rewind the movie, get gas, threaten the 3 year old to stop aggravating his sister, etc. BUT alas, we made it.

Do Dad babysat BOTH the kids while mom and I went to Aunt Sheryle's. Dad said it was classic to watch Jackson in action with Little C. Apparently, Caroline started fussing while rocking on Pop's lap. Jackson, while laying on the floor with his feet propped up, said " Pop you need to fix her a bottle". So Dad did, and behold it worked. A little bit later, she started fussing again, and Jackson told Pop it was time to change her diaper so Dad took her into the bathroom counter and she had a stinky diaper, so Jackson said "She stinks, I'm leaving" but Poppie told him "Oh no, Buddy, if I have to stay and do this so do you". It wasn't too long after that that Mom got a phone call and left a little early to put the kids in bed because bedtimes are not in Pop's contract. Ha!

It was a great party thanks to Aunt Sheryle. Lots of great food and 7 lovely ladies who I haven't seen for quite a few years. Lots of makeup was tried on and thanks to all of them for their generous purchases.

No comments: