Sunday, October 25, 2009

J's 5th birthday party






We went to Chuck E. Cheese's last night for J's 5th birthday. It was a blast. His best bud, Brecken and his other friends Alyssa S. and Alyssa W and Ava all came to the birthday plus we had Paul (Brecken's dad), Jean (Alyssa S. grandma), Doug (Alyssa W. dad), Nene, Pop, Craig, Nichole, Toots, Leslie, Wade, Trish, Sophster, me and Eric. That was quite a large crowd for the chaotic Chuck E. Cheese. He loved it, though. They were so excited about playing games, they were like deer in headlights. It took an act of God to get them back to the table to eat, have cake, and open just a few gifts. He had to open the rest this morning. And we won't even talk about how the kids felt when we had to leave.

The cake, what a story. My mission in life is to make the kids's cake every year. J wanted Batman, Spiderman, and Superman. It took me ALL day, yesterday. Eric thought I was being a little over confident and let me tell you, I was down to the wire getting it done. As a matter of fact, my outlines smeared a little and I had to do a little touch up while leaving. All in all, he loved it. He was king of he world.

And my little Sopher Gopher didn't cry or fuss one bit, she just sat in her highchair or was held and watched everybody the whole 3 1/2 hours.
.

No comments: