Monday, October 12, 2009

Pumpkin Carving Night 1






Well we have bought like 6 pumpkins for decoration and carving and the kids think we need to carve all of them before they rot. I told them after J got done with his homework, we could carve 1. It was so cute, while I cleaned up the kitchen J would say "look Mom, look at my perfect Ps!!" He was practicing writing Ps and doing some other activities for school. I would tell him what a great job and then Toots would say "look at my picture, Mommy". She even accidentally drew a perfect "S". J went on and on about how great she was. We praised her up and down and she was so excited. Everytime she drew a wavy line she would have to show us. It was great!!!

So when it came time to carve the pumpkins, I let them do all the drawing. I didn't even pick up a marker. J drew the eyes and mouth and Toots drew the nose and scar on his face. I just carved exactly with their lines. They did awesome.

Did I mention that I will be an auntie in less than 2 weeks"!!! Yayyyyy!!!

No comments: