Saturday, June 13, 2009

One of the Best Things about Being a Mom



The kids bring me flowers EVERY day. I love it! Tootie always finds the dandelions or clover and says "Ohhhhh Booeyful (beautiful)"! I wish I could bottle up their little voices and phrases and keep them forever so I could pull them out when I want to listen to them. J has to have the biggest longest flowers but Tootie likes a wide array of colors and shorter stems.

We went for a walk on the trail today. I had to give Tootie a piggyback most of the way but it was good exercise. We picked flowers and looked at bugs. Then when the girls were sleeping, J and I took a 4 mile bike ride this afternoon. He did awesome. Toward the end, he was saying " I need some downhills, and I need a drink, and are we almost home" He had a hot little red face but did awesome. My legs are a little shaky. I went on my 3.5mi run this morning, did 40 minutes on the eliptical this afternoon and another 4 mi on the bike. I'm not sure I'll spend too much more time on my legs this evening.

No comments: