Sunday, June 28, 2009

Some of My favorite 4th of July Memories


On my drive home I was looking at all the corn and couldn't help but think of all my 4th of Julys. Since we live in the heart of corn country all you can see this time of year is corn fields for miles. We used to always go to Mamma and Pamps' every year for the 4th. We would have a HUGE fireworks display and all the family and neighbors would be over and afterward we would have cake and ice cream for Pamps's birthday. Pamps would take us for a ride on the 4 wheeler or the "grasshopper" which was this tiny sprayer that he would use to spray out in the fields. All 4 of us grandkids could ride on the ends and our feet would touch the corn. It was so much fun. We would all 4 spend the night and have so much fun. My only stressor back then was getting Mom and Dad to let us spend the night.

No comments: