Saturday, January 22, 2011

Toy Story 3 on Ice






Well, we took the kids to see Toy Story 3 Icecapades today and it was so much fun. All 3 of them were so mesmerized that they sat on the edge of their seats with their mouths hung open. Tootie kept saying "How'd they do that?", referring to all the jumps and flips on the ice. I don't know how they skate in those costumes. Hamm, Rex, and Slinky were some big costumes and they were skating like crazy. They had some amazing light techniques and everything. The souvenirs were expensive, for 2 Jessie hats and a Woody hat it was $45!!! J and Tootie sat next to each other and were chattering about the part it was in the movie. It was adorable. Soph was stunned. It was right up there with Disney World.

Tootie had to go potty 3 minutes before opening. So we had to run up 2 flights of stairs and into the restroom. There was only one stall open and of course, Tootie decides that was not the one she wanted. So we waited for another to open. She wanted to wash her hands, and I said "No way, I have antibacterial in my bag, lets go" so then she was hem hawing down the stairs, so I picked her up and ran down the stairs, just in time for the opening lights!!!

We had great seats. Dead center, front, down in the 16th row!!

On the way out, I was carrying Sophi and my bag and Tootie was to my left. Well, a hispanic mother spoke something in Spanish to her little girl and Tootie whirled around and said "What did you say to her?" I looked over to correct Tootie, just in time to step in a hole and roll my left ankle. I went down to my knees. Unfortunately, Soph was on that hip so I had the extra weight. Luckily, I went down on my knees and didn't drop Soph or my bag. I had to stand up and walk another 10 ft to the car. If I would have had any of my heels or heel boots on, I would have snapped that ankle. So I'm on the couch with ice and heat on that swollen leg right now.

No comments: