Thursday, May 21, 2009

Wild Horses


The girls and I were going to pick J up at preschool, today, and the neighbors have some new foals. Caroline loves horseys so we have to drive by everyday. As we drove by all of the horses were walking around the pond, one foal, however, decided not to follow the others and she just waded right through the water to the other side. It was so beautiful and I couldn't help but think that I hope my kids are free spirited just like that foal. As parents, we all have such big plans for our kids, we think about their bright futures, making sure they are financially supported, and we want them to excel in education. Alot of times we forget to let go to just let them be happy. I hope we teach the kids everything we believe and I hope I can let them be their own person and do whatever makes them happy. If J wants to be an plumber and not go to school, I hope that I can remember this baby horse crossing the water and the same if Caroline wants to be an artist or writer.

No comments: