Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Jackson going to college

No new pictures today. It was a whirlwind. I took Tootie to get her ears checked out by the ENT for a follow up. Everything is great. Only 1 infection in the last 4 months, she has more than 20 words in her vocab, she follows commands, put 3 word sentences a lot, and her primary word is "no". Perfect for a 2 year old. Ha! Seriously, though, she has one more visit in December and if she has had less than 3 infections until then. She gets discharged and won't need another set of tubes. Yeah!!! Until then, we will keep our fingers crossed. Trucking 3 kids to the doctor an hour a way from home and then up 7 flights on the elevator is so not fun!!

Sophi has learned to crawl to the end of the stairs when J and C are playing upstairs and sits there and watches them like she is begging for them to come downstairs.

J was talking about his old friend, Aiden today, and I asked if he had another Aiden at his new school and he replied "No Mom, Aiden is at my old school, he didn't come to college with me yet. He not 5 yet". Hilarious!!!

My first PTA meeting was tonight. We had a great turnout of 44 moms and 1 dad. And no it was not Eric. It was awesome to see how the fundraisers work and how much money from Box Tops, Sunbeam, Coke Rewards, etc goes to the school. St. Sus made 11,000 off of the label education programs. I sat by the principal, pres of pta, and vice pres of pta. Total accident but at least they know my name and face, now. They talked about marketing the school a lot. I didn't realize that St. Susannas has the highest state scores for elementary and middle school in the entire county and ranked 10th for the whole state. That is great. Enrollment is 377 for pre-k through 8th. Perfect size for me! Well, I should have pics tomorrow after I drop J off at college!

No comments: