Thursday, May 13, 2010

It's Sprinkler Time!!






Well it was 83 degrees here today with a humidity of 85% so I let the kids play out in the sprinkler. (I am refusing to turn on the air, yet). They had a ball. Tootie ended up putting a ski mask on her head and running thru the sprinkler. I told her she was confused with New York weather LOL!!!

We headed to swim lessons again. On Tuesday, Tootie refused to get out of the pool for me or any of the lifeguards. She finally got out and got a big old spankin when we got to the car. So much fun dragging your daughter kicking and screaming in front of lots of people. Anyway, today was a MUCH better day. I prepared her for no "fitties" what we call fits and it seemed to work pretty well.

Last night I was up until midnight catching up on scrapbooking from Feb. So I ended up with 30 scrapbook pages last night which took me hours. I now have officially 22 albums.

I've also been working on the kids's CollegeAmerica funds trying to decide how much I would have to have in their by the time they turn 18 to pay for school. It is shocking, for all 3 of the kids to be able to have enough money to pay for college at a university that is not private or ivy league. I would have to contribute $240/month from now on. With my Roth IRA the government says I should have 2,400,000 by the time I'm 59 1/2 with no mortgage and taking into effect no social security. I would have to contribute $6000/month. Yah! Right!!! I guess the kids will be going to college and then we'll have to move in with them after! LOL!!

No comments: