Sunday, May 30, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend






Well, Eric and the kids and I went to Mom and Dad's for the weekend. We left Saturday morning and stopped for burgers and shakes in Bellmore at the local dive...YUMMO. Then we swam, swam, and played Badmitton. It was a blast. Tootie was hard to get out of the pool. She just floated, floated and floated until we pulled her out at 9pm Indiana time. She fell asleep once or twice in her floaty.

Dad had out both the 706 tractor and the mowing tractor with the bush hog. So both kids had to ride the tractors multiple times, even in their suits and floaties

Then we had Monical Pizza (the best pizza in the world, so says me, Nic, Mom, and Mamma). It wasss so good, especially with the red dipping sauce.

J got addicted to Badmitton and even convinced Prego Aunt Nichole to play. I think we wore her out, too. She was passed out on the couch. Then, the boys got up this morning and went down to Craig's and laid hard wood floor with no AC....oooooh 90 degree weather. LOL! Mom, and the kids and I swam then went to Gig's for awhile and went to the cemetary and came back and looked at her gorgeous yard.

Then we swam some more and J and I went to pick strawberries at the local patch. I love small towns. Pam was out of town so I called her and she said just pick until your heart is content and drop the money at the newspaper office. Her patch is a total honor system. I love it!

J says to me "Mom, you said picking strawberries is fun, this is so NOT fun". So he finished watching a movie in the truck while I picked them. So I told him, no strawberry jam. Ha Ha!

Then we stopped by Mamma's and visited this evening. And headed home. (But not without stopping for our shakes, though):)

No comments: