Saturday, May 22, 2010

Roses from My Rose Garden





My roses are flourishing this year. I have been fertilizing every 3 weeks with Miracle Grow and have special beetle spray I put on every other week, so they are in fine form this year. I lost my "JFK" rose thru the winter which makes me ill, hopefully, I will be able to find a replacement. That is one that is hard to find.

We worked outside, today. Eric trimmed all the trees, worked on the mower for a couple of hours and got the deck straightened and some other maintenance on it done and now it cuts GORGEOUS! Our old mower finally gave out this year so my Grandma Dailey gave us her older one that wouldn't start so Eric did a little work on the carborator and overhauled the deck and it works like a charm!

I got all my bushes and flowers fertilized, sprayed weeds, weeded all my flower beds, sprayed my Liquid Fence (darn rabbits), sprayed for Japanese beetles, sprayed all the doors and windows for ants, and cleaned the soffets and window/door overhangs. It was soooo nice to be outside. We also got J's bike fixed.

So after dinner, we all went out for ice cream!! Yay!!!

Eric would take for a ride in the cart from tree to tree as he trimmed off branches. She loved it!

No comments: