Sunday, October 10, 2010

Introducing Baby Boy Hendry






Yayyyy! I have a new newphew as of 3:10 pm 10/9/10. Asher Allen Hendry was born at St. Mary's Hospital. He is the most beautiful baby nephew in the whole world. Nichole called me at 2:33 am EST yesterday morning and told me that her water was slowly leaking. I asked her if she was on the way to the hospital and she said "Nah, I haven't even woke Craig up, yet" She told Craig at 12:00 and he said to let him know when she was ready to go. So she tells me "I think I will peruz the internet for awhile". I laughed got off the phone brushed my teeth changed my clothes and I was off to the hospital. I got a head start, thank goodness. It took about 2hr 40min. I got there at 5:40 EST am. She was at 1cm for quite a while. Then they kept going up on her Pitocin and by 12:30pm CST she got her epidural in 5 minutes her water popped and drained the rest of the way and by 2:00 she was complete and had to wait until her doctor finished with her realtor came in and Nichole was crowning. She pushed for about 15 minutes and Asher Allen came into the world. He has Craig's cleft chin and Nichole's eyes. He has strong lungs and is absolutely perfect. Poor Nic had lots of stitches but what do you expect for that big baby boy coming out of that tiny little body :) She was a pro and he was starving and nursed for 15 minutes immediately. Mom, Dad, and I left about 4pm CST and I got home at 7 pm CST. Of course, it was covered bridge festival and I caught the traffic in Rockville and Montezuma but it wasn't terrible. After only 2 hours of sleep and being up for 18 hours I was zonked out. I'm too old for all that excitement!!! I fell asleep at 8:30 last night and got up at 9:30 this morning!!! But have a gorgeous new nephew that I can't wait to hold again.

No comments: