Tuesday, December 23, 2008

New Puppy Pictures





Well, I worked Sunday for one of the girls I work with. I got a big lesson on dog breeding. Dani, one of the girls I work with breeds Golden Retrievers, and they are cute. So, anyway, I never knew there was so much to know about breeding. Well, Mama Mellow needs to be on vitamins, so I'm supplementing cottage cheese and formula to get her Calcium, when we wean, I have to keep Mellow away from the pups while they eat their food except to nurse once a day while her milk dries up, I have to water down the food because they need dry food to stimulate their GI track, and I need to try to give them away one at a time so Mellow won't get depressed. So much, I was informing Eric, the one who was sooooo excited to have puppies, his comment to me was "Well, good luck with that". She also told me their gestation was 63 days not 4 months like I was thinking. This brought us to the conclusion that due to the shorter gestation and the neighbors getting a new Beagle, and the markings on the pups, that they are half Golden and half Beagle instead of Lab. So they are smaller.

No comments: