Sunday, December 7, 2008

Nini's quilts




I am SO PROUD of these quilts. I didn't know what to do with all the baby outfits that I love dearly from each of the kids. Usually these things get stuck in the attic for people and get eaten by mice or moths, so a couple of months ago this lady and I were talking at a garage sale and she tells me I should have quilts made out of square of the outfits I adore. I mentioned this to my mom and she gladly accepted the challenge. She did an amazing job. Each of these quilts took her like 2 days a piece. She can sew anything. She can make throw pillows in a matter of 30 minutes. Each of my grandmas are phenomenal sewers. Grandma Wanda has sewn many bridesmaid dresses, outifts, etc. Grandma Doris can sew anything and did Jackson's christening gown for those of you who remember the adorable outfit. I, on the other hand, sewed a frog in Home Ec in High School and that's about it. I wish I could do this. So anyway, when the kids either get married or graduate I will give them each their own quilt. Some of the things like, Jackson's giraffe hat and shirt from his birth she couldn't cut up so you will see it whole. She even took some of my baby blankets and outfits she had and put squares of their Mommy's things on their quilts. They are so special and simply AMAZING. Check them out. See if you recognize and remember some these outfit squares.

No comments: