Thursday, March 25, 2010

Gone But Never Forgotten

I lost my Pampa Bud today. He was one of the sweetest men you could ever find. I loved him dearly and feel so blessed that I had the time and childhood with him that I did. My story that comes to mind is when I was 16, I brought a stray dog home. I was always bringing strays home but I loved this sweet little dog. Unfortunately, whenever we were at school and Mom and Dad at work, he would run into the golf course and chase around the golfers. Dad told me I needed to find a home for him since he wouldn't stay home. I called Mam and she said "No dogs, no more chewing up hoses, shoes, and all the stuff puppies do". So I asked to talk to Pamps and I cried and told him how much I loved this dog. He told me to bring him over and they'd keep him. He said not to worry that he would talk Mam into it. And he did. And we loved our "M" for years until he passed away a few years ago.

2 comments:

The Hendrys said...

You are so lucky to have all those special pictures of the kids with pamps. Everything just goes by so fast.

Patricia said...

Enjoyed reading your tribute and seeing the photos of Bud. Christi, I'm glad you realize how lucky you were to have grown up around both sets of grandparents. I had the same experience, so being so far away from our grandchildren has been a loss for us. Telephones, email, i-chats, and visits are wonderful....but they don't take the place of actually "being there." Again, all our sympathy to you and your family.
~Pat Eckerty