Monday, March 29, 2010

The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away

Today, we had Pamps's funeral. I really feel blessed to have had 2 such wonderful grandpas. I loved both of them dearly and they were both special and unique in their own ways. My Grandpa Emmett was very generous, funny, and outgoing, My Grandpa Bud was very kind, always smiling and happy, and quiet with never a harsh word about anyone. I loved spending time with both of them and these past few months have been extremely difficult. But I know how blessed I have been to have two grandpas that loved their families dearly and were so close and I grew up spending time with them frequently. I have more memories than most people get to have with their grandparents and I wouldn't trade any of that. I was born into a wonderful family that I wouldn't trade for anything and I married into a wonderful family that I love dearly also. Not many people can say that so I guess you could say I have been blessed beyond measure!!!!

These are couple of my favorite scriptures that give me comfort in time of grief. Maybe you all can use them too!

"The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; may the naem of the Lord be praised" Job 1:21

"For none of us lives to himself alone and none of us dies to himself alone. If we live, we live to the Lord; and if we die, we die to the Lord. So, whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord" Romans 14:7-8

No comments: