Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patty's Day






Happy St. Patrick's Day. We all wore our green, today, except Tootie who told me this morning "I not wear green, I don't like it". I even told her a leprechaun would pinch her but she didn't care. Back to reality. I didn't care for the 46 degree weather when we got off of the plane on Monday night. I caught up on laundry and took J to school and got groceries, today.

On Saturday, we went to Animal Kingdom. I was a little disappointed and it was packed so we did a few animal tours but not really any rides. We were back at the resort by 3pm and I laid out by the pool for an hour while Eric and the kids took a nap. Then we went to the Fantasmic show which was magical. Mickey fought all the villains and won and he came out driving a boat with all the princes, princesses, and heroes on it. There were fireworks and a dragon and they set the river on fire during the dragon scene. We all loved every minute of it. Then, some guy gave Eric fast passes to the Haunted Hollywood Hotel ride. I thought this was a roller coaster. Well Toots met the 44in mark and so I thought great. Well, we went thru 2 haunted rooms before they put a bunch of us on an elevator. I then knew we were not on a roller coaster. This elevator threw us out into a twilight zone scenario and then out the building so we could see how far up we were and then back into the elevator where it dropped us 15 stories and we free falled. They took our picture right as we first started to fall and everyone was screaming except my 2 kids who had this boring look on their face like nothing was happening. After the ride, these 2 women told us they thought we were crazy but how amazed they were that the kids never made a peep. They asked how many times they had been on it, when I said none; they were shocked and amazed. We bought that picture by the way. I'll have to take a snapshot tomorrow and if it turns out post it.

Monday we hung out by the pool all day until it was time to go to the airport at 5pm then we had a great flight. The kids were zonked so never made a peep and Mark picked us up. We got home around 11pm. Fabulous, memorable trip that I am thrilled we took. Now back to reality.

No comments: