Tuesday, August 10, 2010

First Day of Kindergarten






Well today started at 0630 which is a little early for Mama Bear. But I was up and going and had the pancakes ready when I woke up the kids at 7am. We had breakfast and out the door at 7:30. J's whole posse followed him to Kindergarten. We went into his Kindergarten room and there were about 40 adults in there; grandparents, parents, siblings, etc. It was a little intimidating for all those little guys. Eric wanted me to bring in the camera but I told him I wasn't going to be the crazy mom! Every person was taking pics and poor Mrs. B had to pose with each kid in a picture. I'll do that at the open house.

They did a Monsters Inc. theme. So we found his cubby with his little Green Monster with his name. Then we located his table with his little Blue Monster and he put his name tag on. It was soooo cute. I asked him if he wanted me to stay for a few minutes and he said "Nooo, Moooom, you can go now" I shed no tears today! I have to admit I did last night, though.

He is so cute. He had to pick out his uniform and wanted blue socks and his belt with his hair NOT spiked, today.

The girls and I dropped some stuff off at Goodwill and then went grocery shopping.

We came back at 3:10 and he said his day was "Totally Awesome" His favorite part was playing "Hide and Seek" with Mary at recess and eating corn dogs at lunch. He made a point to tell me that it was sooo cool that no one made him eat his peas at lunch and he was a good boy and chose white milk instead of chocolate at lunch and snack time. He was bummed because they didn't do any math but he says "maybe tomorrow"

The girls missed him and Tootie was a grouch because of it all day. She couldn't wait to pick him up!!!

Eric didn't want his pic this morning since he hadn't had any coffee, yet! LOL!

No comments: