Friday, August 20, 2010

J learns about butterflies

J is doing a section on butterflies in his science class and it was so cute; he memorized a poem:

I found a little bug crawling up a tree
It wiggled here
and it wiggled there
and then it wiggled right at me

I put in box,
"Stay Right There", I said.
But when I opened it up,
A butterfly instead!

I couldn't do it,
even if I tried
only GOD in heaven
can make a butterfly!


It was so precious, especially seeing all of his hand motions. We read stories last night and then we read a Bible story and J chose the story of when Jesus picked his disciples. It was kind of short so I said that we will recite the "Lord's Prayer". He said "Oh I can do that all by myself" and he recited it from memory word for word. I asked him how and he said that Mrs. Keith (his principal)recites it over the intercom every morning before the Pledge of Allegiance. I love his school!! And I am SO proud of him.

No comments: