Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Kindergarten Parent Night






Well, Thanks to my amazing mom and dad, I was able to go to J's parent night and thoroughly enjoy myself. Eric had to work a little late so I was just going to take the kids to Parent Night myself but Mom and Dad insisted on driving over and watching them while I went to enjoy myself.

Luckily, Eric made it just a few minutes late. The K-4th grade parents came to school tonight. We met in our kids's classroom. Mrs. B started by thanking all of us. This is what she said "Thank you all for making the sacrifices to send your chidren to school here. I know it is not cheap but I assure you that God is in everything we do. I have to teach academics and state mandates but our first priority here is you child's spiritual well-being. Even the butterflies we talked about today had God in them. The kids were mesmerized by how God made each butterfly beautiful but different". I looked at Eric and I knew we had made the right choice to send our children to St. Susanna's. It was eye opening to see the kids are already working on sentence structure including the punctuation at the end. They are also working on adjectives, nouns, and verbs. Seriously by Kindergarten I was just trying to learn how to put together a 3 letter word but the state expects more from our kids now. They have centers, Spanish, art, music, buddy reading day, PE, and DEARR time (Drop everything and read and relax) which J loves going to the library by the way. Eric's favorite part was seeing how much she loves the kids and you can tell she puts them first in everything she does. She is VERY organized and STRUCTURED (which I love with all my heart!!) It was a great experience and we definately made a very wise decision.

P.S. Aunt Cin you are invited to family day. She would love you to come and visit with her and share stories!! She had been teaching Kindergarten 26 years and taught 2nd grade for 6 years.

J and C had Nene and Pop playing the Wii, watching Spiderman 3, printing out color pages, and who knows what else. LOL! Soph chased them down the drive waving with both hands and screaming "Bye-Bye, Bye-Bye". I think she thought she was going to jump in their car and be a little stow away! Tootie kept yelling "Come back soon, come back really soon!". All in all we had a great night.

It was so sweet listening to J and C tonight. Caroline asked J why she can't see God and J said "well you just can't because he is so far up in the sky. But you can hear him" She said "No I can't" and he said "Sure you can. You hear him in your heart when you pray". It was sooooo touching! It is so cute to listen to them say prayers. J prays that Spiderman and Batman fight crime safely. LOL! And Tootie prays for her Weebles, Buddy, among everyone they have ever known. So sweet! J has been praying diligently for someone to buy the house so he may have his own room. Now that their are people interested. He jumped up and down and said "Thank you God for answering my prayers". I told him that they may not buy it if it not God's time but God is just showing Jackson that he is listening. It is a really good lesson.

No comments: